A few weekends ago I went on a soup/slow cooker spree and made soup every single night for dinner. It was awesome. There is nothing better than souping cooking all day in the crockpot on a cold day. It makes the house smell amazing and warms you up. Long story short, I have a lot of soup recipes coming your way. Not a bad thing at all.
Bean and Spinach Soup
- 1 cup white beans, soaked overnight (or you can use canned beans)
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup pinto beans, soaked overnight
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (you can use less if you are not a huge garlic fan)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of spinach, washed and stems trimmed
1. Saute your onions, carrots, and garlic for about 10 minutes. Place everything EXCEPT the spinach into your slow cooker. Mix everything together and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
2. In the last 10 to 15 minutes, add in your spinach and taste to see if you need more salt or pepper.
This is a great soup to serve with delicious crusty bread and will definitely keep you warm on chilly nights! It also freezes well so if you have leftovers, put them into freezer safe bags and keep on hand for quick weeknight dinners. Enjoy!