Happy Valentines Day! I’m pretty sure that it’s a rule that I have to post some delicious chocolate recipe just because it is Valentines Day. Well, you’re in luck because I have such a recipe for you today! It’s actually really simple and the fun part is being able to customize it they way that you would like! So go ahead and make some of these for the people you love… or just for yourself 🙂
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil, melted (the amount will depend on how many chocolates you want to make)
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder, not dutch processed (again the amount will depend on how many you make)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup, you can use honey or agave nectar but I like the consistency of maple syrup better
1. In a glass bowl combine all the ingredients. It should be at a consistency that it is easily pourable but so thin that it is watery. If it’s too thin add a little more powder. If it’s too thick add a little more oil. Taste to make sure it’s as sweet or not sweet as you would like it
2. On a baking sheet lined with a piece of wax paper, or in a muffin tin, or in silicone molds, pour out little dollops of the chocolate sauce. I find that it’s easier to use a mini muffin tin or a silicone mold. If you are using wax paper just make sure to give each chocolate enough space.
3. Now the fun part, toppings! I have done a few different kinds of chocolate depending on my mood. I’ll give you a few ideas, but you can do whatever your little heart desires!
- pistachos (one of my favorites)
- sunflower seeds
- shredded coconut
- sea salt (another yummy one)
- dried cranberries
- peanut or almond butter (pour a little chocolate, then put a dab of nut butter, and then cover with a little more chocolate)
- puffed brown rice (kind of like a crunch bar)
4. Once you’ve added your topping, place your chocolates in the fridge or freezer for at least 30 minutes to harden. When you’re ready to eat them, just pop them out of the container or peel them off the wax paper.
These are a really simple and delicious way to enjoy chocolate on Valentines Day and in my humble opinion a great way to say you love someone. Because really, who doesn’t want to be showered with chocolate? Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!