I was trying to come up with a good 4th of July recipe to give you guys today. I had some really awesome ideas, but they all involved a grill. Sadly, I don’t own a grill and didn’t have access to one in time to make any of my awesome ideas. That’s ok though, I’ll have some great grilled recipes for you later this summer.
In lieu of a grilled recipe, I thought that I would go back and re-visit some of my other BBQ-worthy recipes. I decided that my Quick BBQ Sauce could use a little make over. And what could be more important to a BBQ than the BBQ sauce? Beer, but that is beside the point.
I didn’t change too much to the ingredient list, but I did change the way you make the sauce. It does take a little longer, but it makes the flavor even better. And because it’s easy to double or triple you can whip up a big batch of this sauce for your 4th of July party and put it on everything. Maybe not the beer…
Even Better BBQ Sauce- adapted from my Quick and Delicious BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos or tamari sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp grainy mustard
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan. Mix well
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then lower to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes until it has thickened.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it cool completely before moving to a jar or squeeze bottle. Keep the sauce in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.